5/2/05: Dim the lights real low to get the full horrific effect of Kari’s Top Ten List of All Things Evil at Woolyburger Cemetery.
Hello, I have also visited the cemetery, which is also known as the Little Pennsylvania Cemetery. Wooly Burger is a name it gained over time due to the rumors of a large Big Foot-like creature living back there. I have never experienced a Big Foot encounter but I have definitely experienced many different things back there such as…
* Weird noises. Yes I have heard them and my friends have heard them pretty clearly.
* The feeling something is chasing you (when I felt like something was chasing us, I saw a shadow that covered the whole hill the cemetery sits on racing down the hill towards us! At that point, I was running)
* I have seen an actual ghost out there. He was standing right next to a gravestone by a tall tree. He was wearing a white flowing shirt that looked like it would have been popular in the 1800′s, he had dark-colored hair to his ears, and he was wearing black pants.I couldn’t make out his feet, but he stared right in to my eyes. I will never forget him ever. The funny thing about him is that he seems to be the graveyard in a way because I have discussed this particular ghost with more than one friend that has seen him in the same exact stop as me at different times.
* I have seen a small girl skipping down the path to the cemetery in a white dress.
* My friend was on his way home one night around 3 am (he had not been drinking and was perfectly fine except maybe a little tired). On his way down the 665 after you pass the graveyard on your right, there are two posts where a driveway used to be.Well, he claims that he saw a little girl standing by those posts.He slowed down and stopped and asked her if she needed any help and if she was alright. When she turned around she had no face. He was freaked out beyond freaked out, that was his first encounter with something of the paranormal world.
* I have been there more than one time and almost every time, I have felt something wanting me to stay. The feeling is like something sucking the energy out of me. By the time I reach the exit of the graveyard, I am dead tired and really hungry. * I know a lady that has lived in Darby Dale her whole life, and she has told me that one night all the cats went missing. In the morning, they were inside out hanging from the trees that line the path leading to the graveyard. She has also confirmed that two men and a little girl died in the cemetery.
* I have also found out that two men kidnapped a little girl and took her out there, raped her and then drowned her in the pond. They then killed themselves by the next morning. This was also in the newspapers. It happened I believe in the late 60′s/early 70′s.
*There is supposed to be house out there, but I have yet to find it.
* My friend Anthony and two of his friends, Tony and Greg, took a video camera out there and were walking on the path to the right of the grave yard before the entrance. Anthony and Greg were walking and when they turned around, Tony was walking with his back to them. Tony was really freaked out. Anthony told him to suck it up and just keep walking. When Anthony turned to face the path again, the camera lights flickered. Then they saw a small girl in white dress crawling towards them. Greg kept the video running for about three minutes.Then the lights flickered again. By then, the girl had turned to crawl off the trail. Then, all three guys turned around and ran back to the cars and took off to the school in Darby Dale, parked and watched the tape.When the tape got to the point where they had seen her it cut out and was fuzzy then when it came back on, they caught a glimpse of her
crawling off the trail! They still have the tape.
The funny thing about Woolyburger is that during the day, it is a really pretty peaceful cemetery. But at night…well, it’s another story. It really makes me mad when people say that I went out there with all my equipment and I got nothing or there are no signs of a cult having anything to do with the graveyard. It just makes me mad because they are so unaware.
I heard of this place called Woolyburger. It’s a cemetery off route 665 in Darbydale, Ohio. This is a scary cemetery, and the scariest place I have ever been too. The story is that there is a monster that is hairy called the Woolyburger. I haven’t seen it. I doubt it too, but there are ghosts.
There are a lot of woods and trails here. Myself and others heard screams and all kinds of weird noises while walking along the trails and in the cemetery. We also saw red lights. Once, we were even chased by something. The locals say that a family named Woolyburger once lived out in the woods a long time ago. A lot of teens hang out there and cults, too. I have seen fires with people chanting wearing black robes. When they left, I checked the area out and there were containers with animal parts in it.
Something is out there and it always watches.
About this picture, Nicky writes:
I took this at the entrance to the cemetery. My boyfriend was standing with a flashlight in his hand. If you look to the right of him and up a little bit you will see a face and an outline of an ear. It looks like Freddy Kreuger showing his teeth.
The light streak in the picture may have been overexposure caused by an incorrect shutter speed. As for the face, it may simply be a lens flare caused by the flash of the camera hitting a reflective surface. Still, it is an interesting picture, and that face is creepy!
I have a weird story about Woolyburger cemetery. I was looking up Haunted places in southern Ohio. My mother happened to notice and she told me about Woolyburger cemetery and the things that her and my cousin and uncle noticed when there.
They came to the pond and thought about skinny dipping when they all saw a weird ripple in the pond. After days of trying to figure out, they concluded it was possibly a turtle.
While she was telling me about that story, I was scrolling down your story page when I stopped and the story about the little girl that was raped and drowned in the same pond. It gave my mother and I chills so bad that she had to call my uncle and cousin to tell them about it.
Just to throw in another weird story, my mother and cousins were sitting at the entrance when they heard a strange, indescribable sound. My cousin saw that everyone was shaken and stated “Wouldn’t it be weird if the car wouldn’t start?” My mother decided to check and it didn’t start until about 15 minutes later. It was a new car and she never had a problem with it starting before or until many years later.
7/3/2009: Matt and his friends go looking for a good scare at Woolyburger. They are not disappointed.
Just last night (july 2nd, 2009 around 11pm) 4 people and I went out to Woolyburger for a good scare. I shared all the stories of what people saw back there and the legends so that if anyone did see anything like that, they could point it out.
I’ve never really been a believer, we went more just to scare ourselves with the stories. We figured we would go back there, be spooked out and end up leaving saying it was a waste of time, but we were wrong.
As we walked down the drive with our flashlights, we were looking everywhere making sure we didn’t see any figures anywhere. Once we got the the wooden fence, we shined the light all over the graveyard making sure once again that no one was there. There was nothing in sight, so i asked them if they wanted to see the Boucher family tombstones. The girls didn’t want to, but the guys did. So, ight as we were about to head over to them, we shined our light in that direction.
In a split second later, we heard a piercing SNARL/SCREAM–like a demon or something satanic, possibly even a person trying to make the nastiest most horrific snarl i have ever head. And it was sooooooo loud ,like it was screamed right into our face. As soon as it hissed every single person ran for their life..LITERALLY.
I can not explain how scary it was. All we could say was its real, the stories are actually real. And i swear on my own life that it was real and i can still hear the snarl in my head and it makes me cry.
When I was running, in my head all I remember seeing/hearing besides the snarl was a figure dressed in black crouching by the grave where we heard the scream. Its face was an orange/pale color and pig-like, but it had a cloak. I figured it was just my brain playing tricks on me since i saw it so fast, but Kyle and Lizzie described the exact same thing before i told them about it as we sped off in our car.
I can not explain what made that noise, but i know it was not an animal 100% for a fact. Whether it was an occult member that we startled or someone playing a trick, I don’t know. But there were no cars outside the cemetery, and we sat in front of it in the car for about 15 minutes before going in, and we never saw any lights or candles back there.
So whoever/whatever it was, it was waiting back there in the dark.